By the grace of God the idea of forming a Secular Institute began with Father Reisinger and his Salesian discussion group. In 1944 our institute was established in Vienna, Austria, where our international headquarters still resides.
- 1947 Provida Mater Ecclesia Pope Pius XII recognizes Secular Institutes as a new form of consecration.
- 1948 motu proprio Primo Feliciter Pope Pius XII acknowledges the blessings of laity in Secular Institutes.
- 1964 Our Salesian community is given the status of Secular Institute under Episcopal jurisdiction from Rome.
- 1988 Christifideles Laici Pope John Paul II writes to the lay faithful about their mission and responsibility.
- 1996 Vita Consecrata Pope John Paul II explains consecrated life and its mission in the Church and world.